Thursday, 31 July 2008

I really shouldn't but I'm going to

well thanks to the ms {phabrik} and ms grrl+dog who have been creating gorgeous art as part of the soul journal project over at sarah whitmire's blog, i have decided to pretend to myself that i don't have a tax return, a job, and a major tidying up project to get on with before i can move house......instead i thought i'd join in the fun! Well sarah says you don't have to follow the prompts to the letter so i think i'll just dip in and out. Anyway, day 1 is choosing a book to work in so i've chosen an old half finished sketch book [below] and i'm going to work on top of the splats and drawings etc created about 10 years ago! first of all i have to cover three pages with pages from a dictionary or book and then write over the top................

is it me or does this one {above} kook like a face?







3 comments:

Michele said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. And thanks to Grrl+Dog as now I've found your blog!

I love the fact that you will add creating art to your extremely long list of things that must be done. Good for you! I finished a journal addition to a round robin journal last night and it felt soooooo good to be doing something creative. I've been too busy with grandbabies to think for the last month. I think things are finally calming down.

I'll be visiting again. Good luck with the move.

grrl+dog said...

Yay Michele, glad you found your way. And yeah, my tax is two years late, but I have a fat journal or seven. Glad you are on the soul train, you dance to a different beat, so it will be cool to see your take on the steps.

Joy Logan said...

Love what you have done here! You will get hooked on journaling.